Our Chief Revenue Officer, Chas Edwards, sent us an email asking,
“What’s up with all these neon running shoes for women? The fact that I’m noticing them everywhere probably means it was * last * season’s trend, but thought I’d ask.”
At first we laughed thinking he was desperately looking for an excuse to relive his 1980’s youth, complete with a mullet hairstyle. But then we decided to take a closer look. The Luminate Products in the Pictures App allows consumers to mouse over an image and discover information about the products featured in the picture. After analyzing the data about which images and products drive the most engagement, here is what we have to say to Chas in response to his colorful question…
When it comes to this spring's fashion, neon and bright colors are everywhere and they're irresistible to online viewers.
- Images of people wearing bright shades of yellow, orange, and red generated 60% higher product click-through-rates than those wearing darker colors such as purple, black, blue, and metallic.
- Neon tones triggered an even greater 75% boost in engagement across popular neon jeans, neon jewelry, and neon shoe products.
- All yellow/red bright colors were a hit in bathing suit, dresses and shoe product categories. Yellow bikinis drove the highest engagement among bathing suits.
- Orange colored handbags, outerwear, and shirts were popular among consumers looking to simply accent their outfit with a pop of color.
- Red was the most popular color choice for jewelry products.
Chas, we went ahead and picked out some neon running shoes for you so you could keep up with the latest color trends.
- Jody and Kristy